Quality Management in Clinical Laboratories.
Promoting Patient Safety through Risk Reduction and Continuous Improvement.
College of American Pathologists, Northfield, 2005.
Quality Management In Clinical Laboratories: Promoting Patient Safety Through Risk Reduction and Continuous Improvement is a practical "how-to" manual written for the laboratory director, supervisor, and practicing pathologist. Sponsored by the College of American Pathologists Quality Practices Committee and Patient Safety and Performance Measures Committee, the manual is designed to help readers manage quality and patient safety in clinical laboratories; comply with quality and patient safety regulations and accreditation requirements; and develop and administer a quality management plan.
Quality Management In Clinical Laboratories covers the most important standards and areas that have proven to be particularly problematic in the management of clinical laboratories. Patient safety issues—an essential and inseparable component of laboratory quality—are discussed throughout the text.Contents include:
- Case studies based on knowledge of actual events
- Approaches to managing quality and patient safety
- Regulation and accreditation
- Specific quality and patient safety risks and control measures for preanalytic, analytic, postanalytic, and general laboratory operations
- The laboratory quality management plan, with sample plans
- Extensive glossary and up-to-date references
- Table of contents (PDF, 24 K)
- The Laboratory Quality Management Plan (PDF, 46 K)
Download an order form and fax your order to the College. If placing an order by phone, please use the information below:
Phone: 1-800-323-4040 option 1#
Item number: PUB214
Softcover; 250 pages; 89 exhibits/figures; 2005.
Member price: $65
Non-member price: $95